YEP. GLUTEN FREE LEMON BARS. THAT DELICIOUS CITRUS GOODNESS!
I have a few friends living the "Paleo" lifestyle (we'll talk about this some other time) and I saw a delicious lemon bar recipe floating around on their facebook pages. With as much as I know about Paleo I knew that it would be gluten free, so I checked it out! I was so pleased to see a healthy, organic, and naturally g-free recipe pop up! So if you're going to enjoy a sweet treat, this is one that is definitely better for you, and I'm pretty sure that my Trainers would be okay with this one slipping into my Nutrition Plan. I ended up making these for Easter and they were a hit!
I personally crave and love citrus flavors during the spring and summer months when the sun starts shining and the weather starts to get warmer. I guess it may have something to do with feeling a bit closer to paradise, and there is nothing wrong with that! So go pick yourself some lemons and make these refreshing tart treats for a spring/summer day and dream of paradise!
6 whole eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 cup lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of raw pecans
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1. Whisk eggs, honey, and lemon juice together in a small sauce pan.
2. Heat on medium/high and add coconut oil. Stir until the coconut oil has melted.
3. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens and bubbles.
4. Remove from heat and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool and thicken further.
1. Place nuts in a food processor or blender until finely chopped, do not puree. They should be in tiny pieces but not as fine as almond flour.
2. Mix the nuts with the remaining ingredients until they are well combined.
3. Spread over the bottom of a greased 8 x 12 pan. I used olive oil spray.
4. Heat oven to 400* and bake for 15-18 minutes. The crust will be done when you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean. (Mine burned, so watch closely)
5. Cool crust completely before layering the filling over the top. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
*This recipe is from Primal Women in the Kitchen*
My mouth is watering now as I type this up, I will be making these again soon!
FOR HEALTHY, TASTY, ORGANIC, GLUTEN FREE RECIPES AND SO MUCH MORE, LEARN ABOUT THE NUTRITION PLAN THAT I FOLLOW. IT HAS BEEN LIFE CHANGING!